Thursday, May 16, 2013

I Want Normal Back

On May 2 I had botox treatments to help with the headaches and this week I thought it was working. I can't tell you how exciting that was. I knew it was not going to take all the headaches away, but the hope was that it was going to mean the intensity was a lot worse.

Monday we had one of those "If you don't like the weather, wait 30 seconds and it will change" days. We had wind storms, hail, torrential downpours, sun, thunder, lightning. Normally a day like that would send me through the roof, but it didn't. I had a headache, but it wasn't horrible and in fact I came home and ran, I taught bootcamp...just a great day.

Then Tuesday another great day. Hardly any headache. I felt SO good. I had dinner with friends, went home and took the dogs on a HARD run, just was on top of the world. Wednesday morning I actually said out loud, "I think it might be working!" Eek! So happy!

But what goes up, must come down. I suffered through the last half of the day. I monitored bootcamp on pain meds, and held my 5k class. I came home and crashed.

Today is worse. I am so defeated. I just feel like I will never ever be normal again. I should be on top of the world. We have tickets to the SIFF and the world premiere of Much Ado About Nothing. We will be watching Nathan Fillion and Joss Whedon walk the carpet. I have been so excited about this, but all I want to do is head to the ER and get a shot to make the pain go away. It Hurts So Bad.

Wow...I'm listening to a TV show on my iPad and a lady just said, "I want normal back."

You said it, sister. I want normal back.

No comments:

Post a Comment